A world in which everyone has a decent place to live.
Seeking to put God's love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
Habitat for Humanity International was founded in 1976 by Millard and Linda Fuller. Today, Habitat for Humanity is a true world leader in addressing the issues of poverty housing.
Through the work of Habitat, thousands of low-income families have found hope in the form of affordable housing. Churches, community groups and others have joined together to successfully tackle a significant social problem—to provide decent housing for all. Since its inception, Habitat for Humanity has built or repaired over 1 million homes, serving more than 5 million people worldwide.
- In November 1992, 15 dedicated community members established the first board of directors for Habitat for Humanity of Council Bluffs.
- First Executive Committee
- Sue Mortensen
- Don Fauble
- Bill Harriman
- Sharon Morris
- HFHCB achieved affiliate status in 1993
- The first-year budget was $50k to build one new home and renovate two others!
- In 16 months, by January 1995 - The affiliate had built/renovated its first four homes.
- 5 Executive Directors over the affiliate's history - Blake Johnson hired in June of 2020
- To date, HFHCB has built/renovated 90 homes
- In 2021, a new repair program was initiated. To date, 28 owner occupied home repairs have been completed.